BEST SELLER! If you are looking for a high-quality, high-interest figurative language activity, you found it! Figurative Language Similes and Metaphors texts and worksheets are just the resources you need!
This Figurative Language activity is used to focus on creative writing and is perfect for students to practice building ‘color’ into their writing.
Similes and Metaphors will challenge your middle schooler’s thinking and grab their interest. The text is nonfiction and written at Lexile levels at upper elementary to middle school. The questions are based on Webb’s Depth of Knowledge levels 3 and 4 and are open-ended. The text is beautifully written and well suited for analyzing and building up an ordinary statement to make it more visual. This text can also be used used as a mentor text, sub plans or bell-ringers.
- STUDENTS WILL READ PASSAGES USING READING AND ANALYZING SKILLS TO WRITE THOUGHTFUL PARAGRAPHS.
- WEBB’S DEPTH OF KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS LEVEL 3 and 4.
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE TEXTS HELP STUDENTS IMPROVE COMPREHENSION AND WRITING SKILLS.
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE TEXTS CAN BE INTEGRATED ACROSS THE CURRICULUM
- QUICK RUBRIC, ANSWER KEY AND SUB NOTES INCLUDED!
I know your plate is full and I’m here to help! Thank you for checking out my product and for trusting me to help you with your ELA needs. Blessings to you and yours!
digital and print download